Saturday, May 23, 2009

Wind beneath my wings

This morning I received a text message that was so encouraging to me. It planted a smile on my face for the rest of the day, even now as I'm typing this up too, ha. It said the following: "'But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.' Isa. 40:31 . . . Hope implies trust and patience . . ." How awesome is that? This is a promise from God to those who place their hope in Him. To those who TRUST in Him and remain patient for God to do his work. God promises to be the wind beneath our wings and wants to carry us as we soar. He promises to walk along side us through thick and thin. He will be our strength.

Still moving along, slowly but surely. God is providing . . . ! Just received another financial commitment last night!!


PS - Thank you!!

3 comments:

  1. One of my favorite verses ever! So glad to hear God is providing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a typo in the last comment. I'm still adjusting to this thing, haha.

    Anyways, this is a great quote Jonah.
    I don't know if you've ever heard of the song "On Eagle's Wings" but that is what immediately came to mind when I saw this. :)

    ReplyDelete