Friday, May 22, 2009

A "little" thing called trust.

Ya know . . . it's pretty crazy how we sometimes ignore the important things, even when they're right in front of our eyes. We often get so caught up in what we're doing and our own efforts that we forget our true focus. Taped to my computer is the following verse, Prov. 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." It's right in front of my face, everyday! Guess what I've been struggling with lately? . . . Trusting. In a time when I should be relying on God the most, I've been concentrating too much on my own efforts and circumstances. In some areas I haven't even been really giving Him much consideration at all. Raising financial support in a "struggling" economy can be a rather daunting task, but God will provide. I was just reading today, Isaiah 30:15 "In repentence and rest is your salvation, in quietness and TRUST is your strength . . ." I realize that I have some learning and growing to do, and as I drove around on my forklift at work today, I was praying that God would change my heart to trust Him more. I also realize that I haven't been doing the greatest in trusting others, and for that I apologize. I know that God wants to a great work in my life and I am seeing that the more I trust Him, the more He can work.

No matter what you're going through, keep your trust in God. He will bless you for that and you will experience more of what He has to offer you. He has great plans for you! And guard your heart!! Don't let the doubts and fears of this world mislead your heart.

1 comment:

  1. Jonah....your words are so inspirational! i love this! and yes, i am a creeper and got this link via your facebook.
    God Bless in all you do. You're in my prayers.

    - Lily

    ReplyDelete