Friday, May 8, 2009

West Chester Graduation


Last Saturday, May 2nd, I walked across the stage to receive my diploma (cover) after sitting for a mere 3 hours. This walk was long awaited, but seems to have come way too soon. Am I really a college graduate already? Yup . . . pretty sure I am. Geez, where does the time go? I spent the next few days reflecting on my years at West Chester University and taking some time to "debrief." Now it's time for summer. In the past several months, God has made a few changes to the plans I set up for my self. I was intending to graduate from West Chester and go directly to medical school. Presently, I have received letters from 9 of the 10 med schools I applied to . . . all "no's." About 2 months ago, the Campus Director for Campus Crusade for Christ (Cru) at West Chester University challenged me by saying: "If you get 10 'no's,' you come back here and work with me for a year." Welp, God has been pointing me this direction for some time now, so I am now working as an intern for Cru at West Chester. Along with the nice sunny days (even though we haven't really had any yet) summer brings a few adventures as well. I am now embarking on the journey of raising support to work as a Cru intern this fall. I am looking forward to what God will be doing this summer as I gather a team of partners to come along side me in my ministry at West Chester University. Well, here goes . . .

1 comment: