Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sit back and relax.

Hey everybody, sorry it's been a couple days since my last post. Pretty busy week, but pretty good. Towards the end of the week, though, I started getting a little overwhelmed by the whole support raising process. I was looking at the deadline, the small amount of support I have raised so far, and the amount of work between now and Aug. 1st. And that's when I was like, "Yikes!" Ha. Crazy how much more complicated things get when we begin to focus more on our problems/situation and less on God. Why stress over things that are already under control? A little while back at Providence (the church I attend in West Chester), someone used the quote: "It's not 'God, look how big my problem is.' But rather, 'Problem, look how big my God is.'" - ? This week I found myself boxing God in and not giving him control. Sometimes we just need to take some time to sit back and relax, and let God do his thing. Ps. 46:10 - "Be still, and know that I am God . . ." So whatever you're going through, know that God is in control and "that in all things God works for the good of those who love him . . ." (Rom. 8:28).

But yeah, how are you all? I'd love to hear how your summer is going so far. Feel free to shoot me an email (jonah.burke@uscm.org) or facebook message.

1 comment: