Monday, July 20, 2009

Let's keep going . . .

This morning I just passed the 50% mark of my support raising! We're getting there. It's cool to see how God continues to provide, even when time is running out and things seem bleak.

I was sitting down with the youth pastor of my church here in York the other day and we were talking about how sometimes we are placed in situations that seem impossible so that God can show us just how big, powerful, and loving He really is. Sometimes we are placed in these situations to get us to step back and realize that, "Hey, I can't do this on my own." These times point us to rely fully, 100%, on God to pull through for us. Right now, I'm in one of those situations. My support raising deadline is August 1st. I still have 48% of my support to raise for the year. The easy thing to do is throw in the towel and give up. It is much hard to give it up completely to God and say, "I'm giving up the control of this situation to you, God. I am trusting that you have a plan for my life and will lead me through this."

I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I do know this . . . God does love you, very much. He will never give up on you, so don't give up on him. He will see you through every hard time, and the good ones too. Today, right now, is the perfect time to give up whatever you are going through to God. Time to "let go, let God." A good visual for this: go get a small paper bag and write "God" on the side. Whenever you have a situation/problem/issue write it on an index card and place it in the bag. This signifies, to yourself, that you are giving whatever it is up to God. Give it up to him in prayer, as well, and thank him for taking care of your problems. He will pull through for you.

About my summer: Things are going great! This summer has been extremely busy, but cool. I've been able to enjoy my self along the way, which is good. Myrtle Beach was a lot of fun! Too bad vacations are kinda over for now, ha. Oh well . . . Still a few more fun things left before summer is officially over! Hope summer is great for you all as well. Stay fly and keep doing what you do. Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment